Introduction to the Care Team
Upon admission to Crestwyn Behavioral Health, our care team will take time to assess new admissions and design a personalized treatment plan.
Members of the care team include, among others:
- Mental Health Techs
- Registered nurses
- Activity Therapists
- Nurse Practitioners
Within the First Two Days
- Your loved one will be placed on a designated unit based on their symptoms and clinical need.
- Patients will be given the opportunity to complete a “Release of Information” which will enable the clinical team to speak with whomever is listed on the Release
- Individuals who are listed on the “Release of Information” will be given a “Patient Code”. This Code is important to remember, as it serves as a verification tool to ensure the patients confidentiality
- Family will receive a call within 24 hours from a Staff Member at the Hospital with an update
- Within 48 hours Your loved one will meet with a Psychiatrist and/or Nurse Practitioner and Therapist
- Your patient/loved one will begin engaging in various Group Therapies and medications may be administered
A Typical Day at Crestwyn
Crestwyn Behavioral Health has specific and structured daily schedules, designed to help patients recover. Schedules will include:
- Group therapy (Psychoeducational, Processing, Mindfulness)
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) & Snacks
- Medication Management
- Sleep hygiene
- Discharge Planning
- Visitation (two times a week)
Other things to expect during your stay:
- Your loved one will attend group sessions each day
- Your loved one will down time — reading, journaling, TV, music, video games/x-box, and supervised outdoor space are all part of your care.
- If, for any reason, your loved one needs medical treatment during their stay, the care team will see that they have access.
- Safety is crucial for patients and your care team. Patients need to follow the center’s safety rules.
Discharge Planning begins on Day 1. By preparing for discharge early on, we are able to document the patient’s progress, note any issues or concerns that arise during treatment, and identify the professional referrals and community-based resources that will best support continued recovery.
That being said, it is important to know that treatment at Crestwyn is based on medical necessity and is tailored to meet each patient’s needs. During the patient’s time in our care, they will work with the members of the treatment team in order to reach the patient’s personal goals. The length of stay will be determined by the progress towards achieving those goals. All decisions, including our recommendations for time in treatment, will be based upon what is best according to the patient’s specific needs.
Throughout the patient’s stay:
- Patient’s family will receive a call to go over the Follow Up Treatment Plan—Continued Treatment after stay is imperative to Patient Success
- In most cases, upon discharge, patients receive a prescription for medications, an appointment with an outpatient therapist, Psychiatrist and desired Primary Care Provider at the patients request